I don't have any pictures for this recipe, but everything is straightforward. The batter will come out pretty thick, but I didn't find it too problematic just mixing by hand with a rubber spatula. The consistency of the batter is more along the lines of a very sticky cookie dough but once it's baked off, the muffin will still have that cake-like texture. And if yellow cake isn't your thing, I've seen others use spiced cake mixes and even chocolate and devil's food cake mixes as well!
Ingredients (makes about 2 dozen):
- one box of yellow cake mix
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line your cupcake pan(s).
2. Mix the cake mix and puree together until consistent throughout.
3. Stir in the pumpkin spice and cinnamon, and then fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before storing.
5. Consume and enjoy!