-1 cup butter, softened (you can also substitute this with vegetable shortening instead and it'll give you a mostly crunchy cookie, which my family prefers)
-1 cup brown sugar
-1 cup granulated sugar
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-2 eggs, room temperature
-2 cups all purpose flour
-2 cups quick cooking oats
-1 tsp baking soda
-1 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp salt
-1/2 cup dried cranberries
-1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (if you don't have any chocolate chips, just chop up your favorite chocolate bar!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
3. Add vanilla, then eggs one at a time, making sure the eggs are fully incorporated.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, oats, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
5. Add half the dry mixture to the wet and mix until it's incorporated, then mix in the rest of the dry.
6. Add the cranberries and chocolate chips and stir in by hand.
7. Spoon out onto an ungreased baking sheet. I usually lay down a silicon mat or some parchment paper.
8. Flatten the cookie dough onto the baking sheet before baking (this cookie doesn't really spread out much during baking)
9. Bake until the cookies are golden brown.
10. Enjoy with some coffee or a glass of milk!